CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 26

Jesus on a bench.

So I was lead by the Spirit and my wonderful wife to share my encounter with the verses from Matthew 25:34-46. First take some time to refresh your memory concerning these verses and then I will share with you what happened to me today.

Mat 25:34-46 (ISV)
"Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  (35)  For I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you welcomed me.  (36)  I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'  (37)  "Then the righteous will say to him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you something to eat, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  (38)  When did we see you as a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  (39)  When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'  (40)  The king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, in that you did it for one of the least important of these my brothers, you did it for me.'  (41)  "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Get away from me, you who are accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels!  (42)  For I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink.  (43)  I was a stranger, and you didn't welcome me. I was naked, and you didn't clothe me. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me.'  (44)  "Then they will reply, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or as a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and didn't help you?'  (45)  Then he will say to them, 'Truly I tell you, in that you did not do it for one of the least important of these, you did not do it for me.'  (46)  These people will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."

Now that these verses are fresh in your head, I can tell you of my experience. Well, while I was running errands this afternoon one of them happened to be to Dollar General in the South Side Plaza in Jamestown. As I was headed in I noticed an older gentleman talking with one of the employees. Anyways, on my way out this same gentleman said, "Hey Sir." Knowing I was the only Sir around, I ignored him and kept walking. Then I heard this gentleman say something along the lines of, "Sir? Sir? You've got two ears to hear me. Fine, looks like you have a long road ahead of you." I continued to the van and got in.

As I pulled away I noticed a parking spot right in front of this gentleman, so I pulled into it. I got out and asked the gentleman if I could help him. He asked me if I could run and get him a McDonalds' dollar sandwich. I told him that I had no cash and that I was sorry I couldn't help him. He told me thank you and it was the thought that counted. I got back in the van and started to leave.

As I was backing up, the verses you just read came to mind. Of course not word for word. Then I thought of the gentleman sitting on the bench, and immediately I saw Jesus sitting on that bench!! Now mind you I haven't even made it out of the parking lot, but I didn't have room to turn around to go to the McDs at the other end of the plaza. I looked up and there across the street was Arbys. So I went over there and got a Junior roast beef and went back to the same parking lot and gave the gentleman his sandwich.

The smile on the gentleman's face and the peace that I felt were out of this world!! So two things to take out of this,one is keep your ears and eyes open, for God can show up in the most unusual ways!! And two, when He does trust and obey, for yours is the Kingdom of  Heaven!! God Bless!

0 comments:

Look up a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com