CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 11

Alone Time.

Alone time, or quiet time, whatever you may refer to it as, is what we need to do to grow in spiritual maturity and in our personal relationships with God! The major thing that we need to be doing during this time is talking to our Savior Jesus and to Abba, PaPa, Father. It doesn't  matter how we go about this, even if it is as simple as sitting alone and having a conversation with God that is as casual as you would have with your youngest child, for scripture says we are to become like children.

Mat 18:2-3 (GNB)  So Jesus called a child to come and stand in front of them,  (3)  and said, "I assure you that unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven.

We know that we need to have this alone time with our PaPa, because His Son, Jesus did this, and we are to, as scripture says, conform to the image of Christ!

Rom 8:29 (LITV)  because whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

Mar 1:35 (GW)  In the morning, long before sunrise, Jesus went to a place where he could be alone to pray.

Luk 18:1 (GNB)  Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to teach them that they should always pray and never become discouraged.

So we need to have this alone time and talk to God. I've been encouraged by my most favorite Pastors that the easiest and best way to grow in my spiritual maturity and for an intimate relationship with the Father, I should be praying and reading the word during my alone time.

When you are talking to God, ask questions and ponder thoughts to Him that you have. When you are doing this, guess what, you are praying! Also take this alone time to engage in a powerful relationship with Him, the Word! For reading His Word, the Bible, is literally engaging yourself with the Lord like He is sitting right in our very laps!! Isn't that just an amazing image, God sitting in our laps!!

Now don't let me fool you. I'm sure you are thinking that I must have an awesome alone time when I am able to have time to post on this blog. Well in all actuality, I struggle with being obedient in finding alone time. I don't like to read, so that discourages my time in the Word. My prayer life is growing but could be a whole lot better.

So if you find yourself overwhelmed with the thought of making and having alone time, just remember become like a child and have fun with it! Just start by having that casual conversation. As for reading the Word, become like a child and start with memorizing some verses, like you did for vacation bible school! God Bless!!

0 comments:

Look up a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com